Are you searching for the Best Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Heating water for several functions has nowadays become a basic requirement for every home. To serve this purpose, people are currently using electric tankless water heaters that vary across different prices and models.
If you want instant hot water, They are high power heaters which heat water instantly in an efficient manner.
In addition, they do not retain any water internally. These kinds of heaters are normally supplied with flow sensors which activate it once the water travels through them. The water then circulates through the device and is warmed by electricity or gas. They are coated with sturdy coatings so as to shield them from the acidic environments.
Table of Contents
- Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews in 2020
- 1. Rheem RTE 18 5 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heater Review
- 2. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus Best Tankless Hot Water Heater (24 KW AT 240 Volts)
- 3. EcoSmart ECO 11 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews (13KW AT 240 Volts)
- 4. EcoSmart ECO 27 – 2020 Best Electric Water Heater (27 KW AT 240 Volts)
- 5. Stiebel Eltron DHC-E 10 – Best Electric Tankless Water Heater 2020
- How To Choose a Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Benefits Of Electric Tankless Water Heater
- FINAL THOUGHTS:
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews in 2020
Compared to the typical water heaters, tankless water heaters guarantee significant energy savings. Tankless water heaters usually supply between 2 to 5 gallons every minute. Check out the electric tankless water heater reviews given below:
- Compact and lightweight design: Its compact and lightweight design saves a lot of space and also enables simple installation in several locations.
- Modulating power: It’s specially-designed for providing hot water for one bathroom in the warmer climates or a continuous hot water flow at one point-of-use faucet in the colder climates by adjusting the power consumption.
- It can be tricky with the flow rate since the flow rate provided by this tankless electric heater is dependent on the temperature difference between the incoming cold water and the desired delivery temperature of hot water.
This is a great unit in terms of energy efficiency and cost. And it can withstand the tough water conditions for a longer time.
Stiebel Eltron developed the tankless electric water heater’s technology over 90 years ago and has continued as the industry’s pioneer and a world leader. Their manufacturing and engineering traditions of excellence mean that you can fully depend on the reliability and performance of their products.
- Proven reliability: The Tempra models represent whole house tankless water heaters, Tempra models never waste any energy to store hot water but deliver the instant hot water as you require for as long as you want it. The Tempra tankless water heaters have been sized based on your climate and the number of bathrooms. These features make it reliable and efficient.
- Energy efficiency: >Tempra tankless electric heaters are 99 percent efficient and normally result in savings of between 15-20 percent in comparison with the electric tank-type heaters.
- Made for difficult environments: Tempra tankless heaters usually work better than the tank-type heaters in difficult water environments, since they can be set to low temperatures minimizing scale formation.
- Compact and sleek design: The sleek design is significantly smaller than that of a tank which saves space and allows flexibility so as to determine the ideal location for installation. The compact design does not require venting and allows for installation close to the draw off points, this helps in maximizing the energy savings.
- Temperature units have to be installed vertically with water fittings pointing downwards. This might seem a little tough but that does not minimize the efficiency of the heater.
This is an amazing unit. Many consumers have put their faith on Stiebel Eltron and they have returned the faith with higher performance and better service.
The EcoSmart ECO 11 tankless heater is the most popular on-demand electric water heaters that are currently available on the market. There is a wide range of features which make this electric to be exclusive. For example – the highly advanced self-modulating technologies help you cut down the energy costs up to 60 percent.
- Energy efficiency: when it comes to saving energy costs, EcoSmart ECO 11 sets the benchmark for other heaters. It can operate using 11Kw at 220 compared to 13kw at 240. This saves a lot of electricity.
- Compact design: unlike conventional tank type water heaters, EcoSmart ECO 11 is designed such a way that it saves up to 12 cubic feet of storage space.
- Designed for low temperature: It is equipped with the digital temperature controls feature which offers one-degree increment and also gives the users full control over the hot water’s temperatures. This is said to be perfect for the whole family especially for areas where temperatures are as low as 67 degrees F.
- Point of Use application: It can also heat up to 2 gallons per minute and at times you can run the sink and shower with 1.5 gallons per minute flow at 105 degrees F output setting. Thus, you can use it as the Point of Use application for the sink in cold climatic conditions.
- This heater is reported to be not effective for very cold climates where the temperature is very low.
They are one of the leading brands in this industry. Therefore, you can easily count on them.
EcoSmartTankless Water Heaters, also known as instantaneous on-demand electric water heaters, provide hot water when on-demand and only as required. The self-modulating flow sensors technology regulates the energy required so as to heat the water.
- Designed for very low temperature: This electric tankless water heater is configured for climates where the incoming water temperature is capable of dropping as low as 37F. The Ecosmart ECCO 27 is able to heat nearly 3 GPM at this temperature.
- Automatically resettable thermostats: All EcoSmart electric water heaters usually come with automatically resettable thermostats as opposed to the manually resettable thermostats. The digital temperature control system allows you to set the temperature in increments of 1 degree.
- Self-modulating technology: This is also the largest tankless electric water heater that is available with a Self-Modulating Technology. The models are well-suited for homes that have large Jacuzzi or Roman-style tubs and that generally have more demand for water.
- You will have to find the right size on your own for your water needs and other requirements.
It is a great product, probably one of the best electric tankless water heaters out there.
The Stiebel DHC-E series tankless heater is the most advanced point-of-use tankless hot water heater on the market today. The DHC-E 8/10, DHC-E 8 and DHC-E 12 all have the same leading thermostatic temperatures control and flow. The temperature-based power modulation technologies found in the Stiebel Eltron flagship Tempra heater increases.
- Advanced microprocessor technology: You just set the desired temperatures on the front of this heater and enjoy hot water temperatures between 30 degrees Celsius and 52 degrees Celsius for the DHC-E 8. The microprocessor technology makes sure that the water temperatures never deviate from the setpoint.
- Sleek Design: It can be fit in anywhere. Due to the small dimensions as well as the attractive housing this tankless heater, the DHC-E can be left unconcealed in several applications.
- Powerful and energy efficient: The DHC-E is powerful and flexible. The DHC-E 8/10 heater is actually 2 models in one since it has the added advantages of a selectable power output of about 7.2 kW (Stage 1) and 9.6 kW (Stage 2) during the installation through a jumper.
- Able to achieve the desired temperature: There are three heating elements that are engaged in the stages. It lets DHC-E 10 to achieve the temperature that you desire. It also does not need drains, pressure relief valves or circulating pumps.
- Some customers have argued that it has a low flow rate. If you do not consider it to be a problem, it can be the right product for you.
It is a great unit. It has been applauded by numerous consumers for its efficiency. So, I hope you will like it too.
How To Choose a Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
The heater technology is always changing. Even though all the new heater models are designed to be more energy-efficient, this does not mean that you will find them as the most cost-effective best tankless electric water heater for your family.
Therefore, before buying a high-tech heater, you should take a minute and understand how each model works, its pros, cons and the projected payback. Your goal is to find the correct balance between efficiency and performance for your particular home.
Here are the factors to consider while choosing an electric tankless water heater:
Therefore, before buying a tankless electric heater, you should estimate the household’s peak hour’s demand and then look for a heater with an FHR that’s in that range.
However, you also do not want a unit which is too small to meet all the demands of the home when you require hot water the most. When you are buying a water heater, ensure that its 1st-hour rating is large enough for your entire home.
Benefits Of Electric Tankless Water Heater
The use of hot water system usage has nowadays become more energy-efficient and convenient. Best tankless water heaters normally deliver more consistent temperatures using less energy. The tankless heaters normally provide hot water at once without any preheating so they end up saving a lot of time. Below are the benefits of using an electric tankless water heater:
- Efficiency: Tankless electric water heaters are efficient, in design and cost. The energy-saving method is applied to the devices so that it becomes more efficient.
- Convenient: The tankless electric hot water heaters can also be installed in smaller spaces like closets and in the crawl spaces. As a result, space is a very reliable feature. The devices normally send hot water to the required sink, dishwasher, or shower. The small electric water heater usually heats water on demand as opposed to being stored. Therefore, there are no limits to the amount of hot water that can be produced.
- Reliability: The water heaters have very few problems. The problems of unexpected and short bursts of cold water issues are normally solved through the machines. Conventional tanks can also flood and which might cause damages.
In addition, they have a lifespan of around 20 years which is extremely high when compared to the tank-type water heaters.
- Eco-friendly: The water heaters normally use little energy and they don’t even produce harmful emissions. In addition, they produce very little greenhouse gas emission into the air because the electric models produce no gas at all. Some specialized brands like eco-smart and eco temp are eco-friendly and they provide all these benefits.
- Clean and safe: Tankless electric water heaters are also good because they do not build upscale or rust. As a result, you can use the water safely while washing or cooking. Furthermore, they are equipped with several safety features which vary from one brand to another.
- Installation flexibility: Outdoor and indoor direct vent brands are available on the market and their installations are low in term of cost.
- Save space: Tankless water heaters normally take up less space compared to the traditional water heaters. The heaters can be mounted on the walls either outdoors or indoors which is a very beneficial feature.
With the rising costs of energy as well as environmental awareness in mind today, different electric tankless water heater brands on the market have met and also exceeded the expectations of business and homeowners for water heating solutions. The products have gained considerable success by combining functionality and the new technology in innovative ways to heat water.
Electric tankless water heaters provide exceptional space-saving and are easy to install, making them more attractive for those with compact offices and homes. Today you can find tankless water heaters with multiple additional smart features, including the ability to check and control settings remotely through the internet and smart applications.
These devices utilize technology, enhance our lifestyle and provide hot water at lower costs. As a result, whenever you think of buying an electric tankless water heater, take all the above factors into consideration so that you can end up with the best electric tankless water heater. For a quick sneak peek here is a comprehensive comparison, it will help you in deciding the most fit in Electric Tankless water heater for your home.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Comparison Chart
1.5 – 5 GPM
92F – 37°F
1.50 – 4.50 GPM
Copper electrical panel
37F – 77°F
2.4 – 5.9 GPM
Copper heat exchanger
37 – 77°F
2.70 –6.56 GPM
1.01 – 6.61 GPM
Want to buy one for yourself? We are here to help you. Feel free to contact us for assistance.