Tired of shivering in cold? or Your central heating system is not enough for you? Well then, you need something far more efficient, like an electric wall heater.
Electric wall heaters are the new sensation in this modern age. People do not like a heater to be set on the floor anymore. And they are right. Who likes to stumble upon something? No one. And if it is something as hot as a heater, then without question people will start to look for alternatives. Wall heaters are a perfect solution for it.
The reason wall heaters rose to prominence is that they save valuable floor space. Another reason is that people do not always want to use a central heating system. It is costly. Wall heaters are the perfect alternatives for it. They can efficiently warm up any room you need to be warmed up. Therefore, you can save tons of money with one or two of those.
It is a tough job to maintain an optimum temperature for your room while not skyrocketing the utility bills. But with an electric wall heater, you just might be able to do so. So, let’s look at the basics of an electric wall heater first. After that, we have presented some of the best electric wall heaters for you in detail.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Electric Wall Heaters Review
- 1. Broan 170 Wall Heater, 500/1000 Watt 120 VAC – Best Electric Wall Heater
- 2. Stiebel Eltron CK 15E 120-Volt 1500-Watts – Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater
- 3. Cadet Com-Pak 1000W, 120V – Most Popular Electric Wall Heater
- 4. King PAW1215 1500-Watt 120-Volt Pic-A-Watt Wall Heater
- 5. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater
- Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Electric Wall Heater
- Importance of Having an Electric Wall Heater
- Safety Tips for Electric Wall Heaters
- How to Repair and Maintain an Electric Wall Heater
- Portable VS Wall Mounted Electric Heaters
- Final Verdict
How Does an Electric Wall Heater Work?
Before we dive into the technical details, you need to have some basic understanding of what a wall heater really is and how it works.
So What is a Wall Heater?
Well, it is a heating machine that can be installed or attached to the wall. Basically, a wall heater is used to heat a small area like a compact apartment or a studio. They are very efficient in terms of heating and installation costs since they do not take up any valuable floor space.
The main difference between a space heater and an electric wall heater is that – a wall heater is simply attached to a wall permanently whereas you have to plug a space heater in.
Another main characteristic of an electric wall heater is that they are hard-wired. There are several installation processes for a wall heater. Almost all wall heaters come with an installation kit, so installing one on your home is not so difficult. After choosing a site for the wall heater, it needs to be connected to a wire. Any licensed electrician can do this for you.
Top 5 Best Electric Wall Heaters Review
So I guess you now have a basic understanding of wall heaters. Now let’s look at some of the best electric wall heaters in the market right now. We have searched through many electric home appliances and found four of the best electric wall heaters. They are amazing in terms of several essential features. Even if you are short on cash, you can easily afford them because all of them are reasonably priced. Below you can find 5 best electric wall heaters with key features:
Broan can be your trusted companion if you want energy-saving warmth and quick comfort. This amazing wall heater is perfect for bathroom, studio or small area if you want to add extra warmth to your room environment. This brand is well known for its superior customer service and also for meeting the demands of homeowners.
- Built-in adjustable thermostat: The coolest feature of this wall heater is probably its built-in adjustable thermostat. The thermostat has a knob at the front of the heater for your convenience. This is the simplest way to control the temperature of the room as you desire.
- 100-Percent efficient heating element: Another great feature of this heater is that the heating element is made of alloy. It helps the heater to warm up the room in seconds. Therefore, this heater is considered to be 100 percent efficient. Factory wired: this heater is factory wired for 1000 watt at 120 volts. But you can easily convert it to 500W at 120V, or 1000W at 240V – depending on your preferences.
- Downflow louvers: This heater’s white grille has 20 downflow louvers to easily direct the heat downward. You may be wondering why downward? Well, in this way, the air of the room gets warmed quickly. It makes this heater impressive and efficient.
- They provide a warranty for a limited time, only for one year. But apart from that, this is a great heater.
Broan features some of the amazing heaters in the market. They have another version of this heater, Broan 174, with greater wattage option. Broan 174 comes with 750/1500 Watt 120 VAC. Therefore, this version covers a larger area. It also costs a little more than Broan 170. Both heaters have the same amazing features with different wattage options.
Stiebel Eltron is one of the most famous electronics brands for heating products. This company started its operation in 1924 and ever since then has been serving its customers with quality products. The story is no different from Stiebel Eltron CK 15E 120-Volt 1500-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater.
- Built-in thermostat: Every CK heater has a built-in thermostat, and with this model, it is no different. With this thermostat, you can easily control the temperature of a room larger than 215 square ft.
- Frost protection setting: This amazing feature is what makes this wall heater unique. It has a frost protection setting. That means the lowest thermostat setting will keep the temperature above the freezing point. So you will not have to worry about freezing to death, ever.
- Ultra-quiet fan: This model uses galvanized steel, squirrel cage type blowers that make little to no noise (only 49.7 dB). Therefore, this wall heater is perfect for a quiet environment. You can also consider this feature if you have little children in the house.
- Even-heating down-draft design: Another great feature of CK 15E 120-Volt 1500-Watts Wall Mounted Electric Fan Heater is that it uses down-draft design. This heater can take in cool air from the top and blow out hot air below. That way, the room gets warmed very quickly and efficiently.
- The price of this heater is a bit on the higher side.
This heater also comes with different wattage options, suiting your needs. That is why people are going crazy over their heaters.
Another familiar name in the heating industry is Cadet Com-Pak. Those of you who want a combination of great service and reasonable price, you can count on this product. Cadet Com-Pak 1000W, 120V has been applauded by numerous customers for its durability and ability to serve multiple purposes.
- Fast heating coil element: Cadet Com-Pak 1000W, 120V can quickly warm up an area of 200 square ft. in a few minutes. This is the most efficient way to add extra warmth to your room without the need to installing ductwork.
- Efficient and quiet fan: One of the amazing features of this heater is its almost soundless fan. This fan is used to spread the warmth all across the room. And its quiet feature lets you work peacefully and without any disturbance.
- Unique compact design: Com-Pak CSC101TW heater has a smart and durable design. The heater weighs only 7 pounds and covers an area of 5.2 x 14 x 9.5 inches of your wall. Its unique and compact design allows you to have more wall space without compromising efficiency.
- Complete unit: Cadet Com-Pak is a complete unit for a moderate household. It includes a wall can, thermostat, heater, and grill. This heater comes with multiple installation options. So no matter what your situation is, the installation will not be a burden for you. Also, this heater comes with safety features. So, you can rest for years without the need to worry about the heater bursting or catching fire.
- This heater is most suitable for a medium-sized room or studio apartment, and not so efficient for a big house.
This heater also comes with another version with a voltage option of 120V. that version can cover a larger area.
This is king electric’s one of the most exclusive products. This USA based brand has 60 years of experience in serving a large variety of customers with unparalleled quality. And with PAW1215 1500-Watt 120-Volt Pic-A-Watt Wall Heater, the story is no different. This amazing wall heater comes with numerous mind-blowing features.
- Pic-A-Wattage Element: This is a patented technology you will find only in these heaters. These heaters use an original pic-a-wattage element that lets you choose your desired wattage. If you have a smaller area to cover, you can simply set a lower wattage setting. And if you need to cover a large area or room, you can raise the wattage to maximize efficiency.
- Fast setup: The installation process of this heater is easier than ever. You can install this heater just in thirty minutes by yourself. And if you need any kind of help, you can always call for support.
- Wall-mount thermostat: Another great feature of this heater is that it uses a wall-mounted thermostat. This thermostat shows the temperature of the room and also gives thermal protection for your household.
- Smart Limit Protection: The reason why people love this heater is its safety features. King PAW1215 uses patented smart limit protection. This system detects abnormal temperature rise and can limit the heater from overheating. Therefore, it is a very useful heater for children to be around.
- Squirrel cage blower: This heater uses a squirrel cage blower so that you can enjoy comfort in a quiet manner. The blower operates at very low noise. Therefore, you will barely notice the heater running.
- This heater comes with a limited warranty, only for one year. Other than that, it is an outstanding product.
King PAW1215 has caught the attention of numerous customers since its introduction to the market. The limited warranty thing should not bug you because of its proven reliability and great customer service.
You should note that this heater also comes with different wattage options. Therefore, you can choose any version according to your needs and desire.
Introducing electrical equipment that is smart and efficient simultaneously has always been a credit of Heat Strom. Established in Utah in the year 2008, Heat Storm is continuously upgrading its product line and is determined to make its equipment smart-yet-affordable.
This HS-1500 infrared heater is designed for compact and wide spaces alike and is competent enough to turn your cold home into a cozy place. This wall heater can warm 300sq feet area as a primary source, and if you use it as a secondary heating source, it will cover a good 750sq feet area.
- Wi-Fi-enabled This smart heater can be connected to the internet, which means you can control the temperature with your mobile phone. This innovative feature is a great advantage for busy parents who often have to leave the kids alone. This smart connectivity will let you increase/decrease your home’s temperature even when you are not around.
- Compact design This HS-1500 heater has a small body and doesn’t consume much space on the wall. This compact style makes it an ideal choice for attics and small rooms where you cannot mount bulky heaters.
- Safe-to-touch If you accidentally touch this heater, your skin won’t get harmed because its grill is safe-to-touch. This safety feature was introduced for homes with quirky kids and thoughtless adults who do not take care of electrical equipment.
This heater is a bit noisy and might create a disturbance when it’s on.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Electric Wall Heater
All electronic products are full of technicalities and hard to understand if you have not used one before. And like every other electronics, you need to cautiously check all the technical details of a wall heater before buying one.
So, to save you some trouble, we have compiled some tips for you to consider before buying the best electric wall heater. Let’s have a look at them.
Another great way to reduce usage cost is to use the wall heater as an add-on to the central heating system. Never use a wall heater for heating the entire house. That would increase the energy bills a lot. Use it for a smaller area like your kitchen or bathroom only.
Well, as we have discussed earlier, it’s better not to use a wall heater for heating the entire house. The efficiency of a wall heater largely depends on the total area needed to be covered. There are different types of wall heaters with different power options. If you need to warm up a larger area like your bedroom, then you should consider buying a wall heater that provides 2KW or more.
But if you need to cover a smaller area like your kitchen, or your bathroom, an electric wall heater with 1.5-2 KW is more than enough.
Another important thing that you need to consider is whether your wall mounted electric heater is UL listed or not. UL certification tells you the minimum distance you should keep your heater in from the surface.
Importance of Having an Electric Wall Heater
If you are considering having a heater for your office or home, you should go for buying an electric wall heater. Why? Well, having an electric wall heater gives a lot of advantages for you. So, let’s look at some of the importance of having an electric wall heater:
- Works Quickly: If operated with proper caution, an electric wall heater can provide many benefits for you. For starters, electric wall heaters normally take less time to operate than other traditional heaters. Almost all electric wall heaters take 20-30 seconds only to heat up the room. Considering this, you can realize just how efficient these heaters are.
- Supplemental Heating: Electric wall heater is an excellent choice for supplemental heating. That means you can use them to warm up a single room, instead of heating up the entire house. This is great in terms of saving energy bills because you do not use every room or space of your house frequently. So, by heating up only the room you are in, you can save a lot of money.
- Temperature Control: Every electric wall heater has a feature that lets you control the up-and-down of the temperature. Without having control over the temperature of the room, you can risk the heater overheating and causing damage to your house.
- Cost & Time Effectiveness: These are the two factors that everybody considers before buying any kind of electric home appliances. As for wall mounted electric heaters, they are less expensive than traditional heaters. Plus, their operating costs are much less than any other heaters in the market right now. Electric wall heaters consume less amount of energy. Therefore, your electricity bill will be under your capacity. Electric wall heaters are also very efficient and effective in terms of time. An electric wall heater takes just a minute or so to operate fully. Your room will be heated in no time with one of the best electric wall heaters.
- No On-Going Maintenance Needed: Unlike many traditional heaters and central heating systems, electric wall heaters do not need much maintenance. Once you set your heater in the wall, you can stay tension free for a long time because you do not need to spend money on annual servicing and other things.
- Wall mounting convenience: One of the best features of this type of heaters is that they can be mounted on the wall. That’s right. You can save valuable floor space with one of these heaters in your apartment or office. People who live in studio apartments or have a small office space find it very useful.
Safety Tips for Electric Wall Heaters
As we have mentioned earlier, every electric home appliance has a lot of technicalities and therefore should be dealt with carefully.
The biggest threat to your home when you are using a heater is fire. Electric Heaters normally use a resistance coil through which electricity passes. If you do not use your heater properly, it can get overheated and cause a fire. Therefore, to keep your home and family safe, you need to follow some guidelines. Here are some safety tips for you and your family for using electric wall heaters:
- Furniture Hazards: The trick to using heater is that it depends on the circulation of the air. If you place furniture or a curtain in front of your electric wall heater, you block the heater from blowing hot air to the room. As a result, your heater stays too long surrounded by hot air. This can cause damage to the heater and to your house by causing a fire. So, make sure no object blocks the free circulation of the hot air. Keep furniture away from the electric wall heater.
- Combustibles: Most of us do not know this, but we frequently use many products that are flammable. These products are prone to igniting and can burn your house to the ground. You can often identify wooden furniture and fabrics as flammable products, but there are thousands of items that you may not consider such as cleaning liquids, lighter, matches, alcohol, body spray, paint thinners, old newspapers and magazines and so on. You should keep these things away from your electric wall heaters.
- Blown Fuses: One small yet dangerous mistake that we all make when using an electric home appliance is that we do not consider whether the existing power source is compatible with the heater or not. You need to make sure that your electrical power is operating properly. Hot electrical sockets and plugs, as well as burned fuses, can cause a lot of damage by permanently destroying the heater.
- Keep Children Away: Any kind of heaters are dangerous for the children to be in touch with. So place your heater somewhere your children will not be able to get to.
How to Repair and Maintain an Electric Wall Heater
Electric wall mounted heaters are possibly the best way to warm up your house or apartment. However, they can cause some problems from time to time. In order to solve those problems, you need to know what they are and how to solve them.
- When the Electric Heater Fan Doesn’t Work: This can happen for several reasons such as the wiring is not connected to the motor, or the fuse is blown, or the fan is obstructed by something. To solve this problem, check whether the fuse is blown or not. If it is blown, then replace it with a new fuse. For obstruction, remove the heater’s cover and see if there is anything blocking the fan blades.
- When the Electric Heater Fan Works but There’s Still No Heat: This can happen for two possible reasons – either the heating element is defective, or loose or disconnected wiring attached to the heater. To solve this problem, check the wiring connection first. If the wiring connection is okay, then replace the heating element with exact voltage and wattage options.
- When Your Electric Heater Doesn’t Turn off: This problem occurs usually for one reason – your room is not fully insulated. Therefore, heat gets lost from the leaky doors. You can stop this in two ways. Either you can weather-strip the doors and windows to stop air infiltration. Or you can insulate your exterior walls.
- When the Heater Smells Like Something Is Burning: This happens for only one reason; that is the heating element is dirty. Dirty and old heating elements burn prematurely and therefore, are dangerous. First, turn off the power to the electric wall heater. Then, remove the cover of the heater to reach for the heating element. Now carefully clean the dirt, dust, lint or hair from the unit.
Portable VS Wall Mounted Electric Heaters
When you are purchasing a heater for your house or office, you often are faced with choosing one heater over another. That is a real struggle, isn’t it? Most often, customers face the dilemma of whether they should buy a wall mounted heater or a portable one.
One of the features for which people choose portable heater is because they are portable. They are easy to shift from one place to another. If you want to travel, you can always carry a small portable heater with you.
Another important feature that attracts people towards buying a portable heater is that they have no installation cost. You can simply plug the heater in and enjoy the warmth.
And well, wall mounted electric heaters do not have those advantages. But they do have other advantages. Wall-mounted heaters are far more efficient in warming up the room environment than any portable heater. So, if you need a heater to mainly warm up your apartment or office, you certainly need one which is efficient, right? That is why wall mounted heaters are far more popular among the households.
Electric wall heaters are a great choice for you if you are looking for a permanent solution. But you should also note that these heaters are made specifically for heating one room or a small area. Do not try to use it to heat up your entire house. Otherwise, your utility bill will go through the roof.
You should also remember that “safety first”. Always follow the instruction manual provided with the heater. If you are not eligible, you should ask for help from a licensed technician.
Last but not the least; you are making a smart choice for you and your family if you are considering to buy an electric wall heater. They are a great choice for those who want to keep their house warm constantly while keeping the utility bill under control.
Best Electric Wall Heaters Comparison Chart
Design and appearance
Timer and thermostat
Adjustable, front-mounted thermostat to control level
1000W at 120V AC
White grille downflow directly heat gently toward the floor
one-piece design enamel finish adds durability, UL Listed safety
efficient alloy heating in seconds
Even-heating down-draft design
CloudSoft Polyfill and Stardust Minibead
Frost protection setting
Built in thermostat for maximum comfort
unique 7-layer weighted blanket
Unique compact design
powder coating designed and proven safety features
Fast heating coil element
Single Family & upscale condos
Squirrel cage blower
Patented Smart Limit Protection
21.5” x 15.6” x 7.3”
Heat upto 750 sq. ft.
Squirrel cage blower
Patented Smart Limit Protection
So enjoy your life with one of the best electric wall heaters! If you need assistance, you can contact us and we are willing to help you.