Did you know that a fan heater is also known as a blow heater or blower heater? It works with the help of a fan that passes air over a heater element or source. This hot air goes out of the heater and into the surrounding room, warming it up. Now there are different fan heaters available on the market. Choosing the right one that meets your needs might seem a little overwhelming task. But don’t worry we’re here to help you in making the right decision to buy a fan heater.
So, let’s start our discussion with the types of fan heaters!
Table of Contents
- Types of Fan Heaters
- Best Fan Heater Reviews
- 1. Dyson Fan Heater – Best Electric Fan Heater
- 2. Stiebel Eltron Fan Heater – Best Fan Heater Under $200
- 3. Toyuugo Fan Heater – Portable Fan Heater Under $50
- 4. Sunbeam Fan Heater – Cheap Electric Fan Heater
- 5. SEISSO Fan Heater – Best Fan Heater
- Buying Guide
- Tips to Keep the Electricity Bills Down
Types of Fan Heaters
Fan heaters are basically a kind of convector heaters with a fan. You can speed up the airflow to increase the heating process. The primary advantage of a fan heater is that it is more compact as compared to a heater that uses natural convection for heating. It is also a cost-effective alternative and works well as a room heater for small spaces.
Below are the fan heaters types classified according to the type of heating element they use.
Electrically Heated Elements
These elements are by far the most common heating sources used in fan heaters. These electric unit heaters have a very compact design. Though these electric heaters consume high kW of energy, their heating element is pretty small. The body of the heater doesn’t need a useful sink for heat because the fan removes the heated air from it.
The Tubing of Hot Water
These heaters have tubing of hot water that functions as a heating element. The fan blows the air over this tubing to warm the surroundings. In this scenario, the heat comes from a system of hydronic heating.
Some of the high powered models of fan heaters require different types of fuels like kerosene heater. These include kerosene, gas, or similar other fuels like engine oil. These fan heaters are large enough to warm up more than one room in no time. However, these heaters also have a high price and operating costs.
Best Fan Heater Reviews
Dyson presents a powerful fan heater that generates a stream of uninterrupted airflow. This energy-efficient fan heater and precise fan heater model comes with plenty of features like an oscillating heater. These features also include oscillation control, sleep timer, no fast-spinning blades, and much more.
- Air Multiplier Technology: Dyson has used Air Multiplier technology in the making of Am09. This technology generates a stream of uninterrupted airflow. The airflow comes with high velocity to give a smooth airflow just like constant wind breeze.
- Energy Efficient Heater: The fan heater is equipped with a thermostat that monitors the room temperature and regulates it according to your wish. In heater mode, this intelligent monitor keeps the room warm and save you some bucks in the energy bills.
- All Year Round Effective: The Am09 heater offers two fan mode, heating, and cooling fan. This fan heater heats the room evenly and quickly. It cools the room efficiently and effectively in summers as well.
- Secure Fan Heater: The Am09 fan heater has no visible heating elements as well as no fast-spinning blades. It automatically shuts off the fan heater if tripped over. For that reason, it is easy and secure to use especially, if you have small kids and pets.
Although it has a long-range fan the heating unit heats the room very slowly.
Stiebel Eltron electric wall mounted fan heater runs on 208 volts to 240 volts. This electric wall heater is ideal for your kitchen, bathroom, hallways, and any other location where instant heat is required. The unique and elegant design enhances the room décor as well.
- Ultra-quiet Fan: This wall mounted electric heater has squirrel cage-type blower, galvanized steel that works quietly at 49.7 dB (a). Therefore, it is the great sole heat source suitable for small rooms. It also offers supplemental heat to those rooms which does not get warm enough.
- Booster Timer: Stiebel Eltron fan heater has a booster timer that produces maximum heat for more than 60 minutes. When the timer turns off, this small room heater reverts to fan heater thermostat setting and maintains coziness according to the original setting.
- Built-in Thermostat: The built-in thermostat allows you to adjust heating thermostat according to your requirements. This is the best and quick way to keep your room heated. It is an ideal fan heater for 215 sq. ft large room.
- Down-draft Design With Even Heating: The mechanism of fan heater works by pulling cool air and blow out the warm air. The down-draft design assists to offer quick and even heat to enhance comfort.
The heating and thermostat coils come with low quality. These coils are not durable and need replacement after some time.
Toyuugo presents the mini heater with racetrack and stylish design that makes it portable and easy to use in different locations. You can use this indoor heater in the bedroom, living room, bathroom, and anywhere you want with the compatible socket.
- Dual Temperature Mode: This model heats up the room fast and effectively within 2s after turned on. This hot and cold fan offers two modes such as cool and heat. You can switch the control to get a hot or cool air as per your need.
- Auto-Oscillation: The auto-Oscillating button on the top of the heater covers wide range area at 45-degree. After touching the auto-oscillation button, you can enjoy the warmth.
- Quiet & Portable: The technological and humanized design of the outdoor heater presents efficient performance. This is a portable electric heater that permits you to use it in your office table or anywhere you want.
- Multi-Protection: Toyuugo manufactured this fan heater by using flame resistant material. It offers multiple protections such as tip-over & overheats protection, auto switch off, and many more. These protections make it easy and safe to use.
Although the product is portable, quiet and offers multiple protections, the main power unit is not much durable as compared to its counterparts.
The Sunbeam fan heater directly provides the heat where you want. The best part is … it does not warm or cool the environment; it cools or warms the person. The large base increases the stability of this wall mounted fan heater.
- Dual-Comfort: You can enjoy the dual comfort of this hot and cool fan because it instantly warms you. When you need cool air just switch off the heating function.
- Adjustable Thermostat: This 2-in-1 unit offers two heat setting as well as two fan setting. You can adjust the temperature by using the thermostat according to your wish. This fan heater with thermostat is a cost-effective option for you because it works all year round.
- Enhance Usability: You can use this as a personal portable heater, which permits you to use under the desktop or desk. You can place it in your living room, bedroom, office, and anywhere you want.
It does not warm room environment quickly because the heating unit of the fan heater works slowly.
The intelligent design of SEISSO fan heater automatically shuts off the unit in the case of tipping over. It is the combination of noise reduction technology and PTC-ceramic heating technology. These technologies provide you the safest and quiet fan heater.
- Two Wind Mode: This portable fan heater produces both hot wind and natural wind. You can choose the required wind according to your wish by smart touching. Furthermore, the onetime press provides heating functions and at the second press, it blows natural wind.
- Oscillating Function: SEISSO oscillating fan heater rotates at 45-degrees left and right separately as well as spreading heat at 90-degree angle. The oscillating function permits the heater to distribute heat evenly throughout the room.
- Multi-Protection: The flame-resistant function of thermostat control presents a reliable and durable fan heater. It offers you dual protection such as tip-over and overheats protection. It automatically shut off the unit in the condition of overheating.
- Safe & Energy Efficient: The SEISSO has used the PTC heating material to design the fan heater for optimal performance. It This efficient electric heater prevents the units from overheating and works as an energy saving element. It provides warm air rapidly within 2s.
The SEISSO fan heater generates some chemical smell that spreads in the entire room. Therefore, you cannot use it in the nursery, kitchen, bedroom, etc.
Choosing a suitable fan heater from different models variety can be an irksome task. Therefore, you need to know what are your requirements and preferences. This will allow you to avoid overspending and only focus on the features that you prioritize.
Things to Consider Before Buying
All fan heaters have a heating element. Some of them use a glowing high resistance filament while other feature ceramic plates. A filament can heat up instantly with a higher magnitude as compared to the ceramic plates. But it also tends to dry the air out fast and can also emit bad odors when the dust settles and burns in it.
The plates come with large surface area and they don’t dry the air. Another benefit of these plates is that they also offer good fire protection too.
Power output is another important consideration for fan heaters. You need to calculate the power output based on the area you want to warm up.
The rule of thumb here to choose the wattage for your space is 10 watts per one square meter. If you want to quickly warm up your space then you need to go for higher wattage.
Look for a fan heaters that at least come with a couple of operating modes or controls. A majority of these heaters can also serve to be cooler. Then there are adjustable controls for the heating process. There are different dials and knobs for you to easily set the heating settings as per your requirements.
Some fan heaters also come with an eco-friendly mode that can steady the temperature at optimum levels. It will automatically lower the power if the heating goes above the set limit. This feature cuts down the consumption of electricity effectively.
Safety features are critical for any heating appliances. You need to consider only the models that come with some type of protection features against overheating. Otherwise, this can be a cause of an accident involving fire.
As your personal heater is going to be in the room so it needs to have an attractive design. There needs to be a carrying handle as well along with a couple of castors so that you can freely move it around. If you don’t have a large living space, then look for compactly sized fan heaters.
Feel free also to about the reviews and guide on best electric baseboard heaters. You might be surprised about the details you needed to know about heaters that will help you decide on what to buy.
Tips to Keep the Electricity Bills Down
Staying warm in winters is essential. But if you leave your fan heaters running for a long time then your electricity bills are going to break your wallet. There are some important things that you need to keep in mind to save on bills.
- You need to focus on the weather-stripping. A worn-out weather-stripping can cause loss of heat and you need to repair it in summer to keep your space warm for a longer period.
- You need to prevent the draughts that appear in your room. The major source of these draughts is your doors. Their lower section doesn’t reach the threshold. Cold air can flow in between room or even from the outside because of these draughts. Gas lines, electrical boxes, and cables also cause draughts that you need to cover.
- Use a programmable thermostat heater. You can use these devices to set the temperatures based on your regular routine.
Staying warm is a necessity but it shouldn’t cost you a fortune. If you’re are searching for the best space heater then choose AM09 from Dyson. It comes with a very decent price tag and is available in four different color combinations for you to choose from. The fan heater looks very stylish with its modern design and comes with a powerful fan and heater for you to work in all seasons. Its air multiplier technology keeps the environment comfortable for you by projecting the air all across space effectively.
We hope you have found this post very informative.
Stay Cozy! Interested to buy one? We can assist you, just call us and we will write soon.
Top 5 Best Fan Heaters Review and Buying Guide
Did you know that a fan heater is also known as a blow heater or blower heater? It works with the help of a fan that passes air over a heater element or so