A propane tankless water heater can be a very great choice for providing hot water as well as for saving energy. With continuing improvements, the propane tankless water heater companies are nowadays offering options that were unavailable a few years ago.
Provided that you choose the correct one, the best propane tankless water heater could turn out to be among the smartest investments that you make at your home. These compact heaters also provide hot water for instant usage instead of storing the water in a tank and then letting heat energy to drain away.
If you’re considering adding one or even more propane tankless water heaters to your house, then these guidelines on how to choose a propane tankless water heater should aid you in all your decision-making processes.
The Five Best Propane Tankless Water Heater in 2018
If you are looking for some energy saving option for your tankless water heater, then propane tankless water heater will be the best choice. A propane tankless water heater guarantees you vital energy saving. The benefits of some of the highly rated propane tankless water heaters are that they usually operate only when there is a requirement for warm water.
This, type of tankless water heater helps you to reduce the energy consumption along with its’ prices. If the water heater is sized properly, it will effortlessly deliver a never-ending provision of water at the predetermined temperature levels.
The tankless water heaters are available in a completely different design and also vary in their selections within the market to serve different functions. Here are the top 5 best propane tankless water heaters:
The T-KJr2-IN-LP tankless water heater is the most compact heater in the Takagi line. It has been designed to produce radiant heating and endless hot water for smaller homes. The Takagi T-KJr2 uses the same state of the art technology as the previous Takagi units – only which it’s on a smaller scale.
Know more in brief below
- 6.6 GPM: The Takagi T-KJr2 has a flow Rate of maximum 6.6 GPM. That means it can deliver maximum 6.6 gallons of water per minute.
- Constant temperature monitoring: It has an inlet, outlet thermistors. It lets you monitor the temperature of the water on a regular basis.
- Energy factor of 0.81-0.83: Energy factor shows you how efficient a heater is in terms of energy. Its energy factor ranges from 0.81-0.83. That’s as highest as a heater can achieve.
- Hydronic baseboard: This compact and wall mounted water heater support hydronic baseboard or the radiant floor heating applications.
The Takagi T-KJr2 is designed to replace the conventional 40-gallon tank heaters. This small and powerful unit is capable of meeting all the hot-water requirements of a small home or apartment.
Available in 3 models, the Rinnai V65EP is suitable for small and mid-sized homes.The Rinnai’s new Value Series Condensing Water Heaters normally offer all the same benefits that both builders and homeowners expect from Rinnai.
Know more in brief below
- Energy factor of 0.82: Delivering an EF (Energy Factor) of 0.82, Rinnai’s tankless units are ideal for commercial and residential applications and they can be banked on even for greater capacity.
- The enhanced scale and leak detection: The enhanced scale detection normally lessens the possibility of serious and long-term damage to the water heater. Leak detection automatically shuts off the water so as to limit property damages.
- Temperature-lock system: Temperature lock prevents unauthorized or accidental changes to the water temperature.
Once you install this heater, you will never run out of the hot water again and enjoy the convenience, space savings, and ease of installation and the peace of mind. The model is famous for delivering these things.
The Bosch 520 HN LP is a propane powered tankless water heater which uses the Piezo ignition push up buttons. It runs automatically so that it does not require supervision and need batteries or electricity also.
Know more in brief below
- Modulating gas valve: It uses a modulating gas valve so that it can ensure a constant temperature at different flow rates. The 520 HN Therm is also perfect for smaller families as well as cabins which use a single hot water application at a time.
- Maximum input of 74,900 BTU: The Bosch 520 HN’s maximum input is 74,900 BTU per hour. The Bosch Therm is a direct replacement for Bosch AquaStar 1000P, Bosch AquaStar 38B and the Bosch GWH 260 PN.
- Piezo ignition system: The BOSCH 520 HN LP uses Piezo ignition system. It means that it does not require any electrical connection.
- High flow rates: This heater has a capacity of delivering 3.3 gallons/minute just at 35F degree rise. The minimum activation flow rate of this heater is 0.5 gallons/minute.
This propane tankless water heater is perfect for the area like cottages, camps or cabins where there is no electricity.
Get the luxury of enjoying hot water anywhere you go with the stylish, compact and sleek Eccotemp Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater. The Eccotemp Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater has been simply designed so as to offer efficacy. The water heater proves to be a viable option to carry for camping, overnight outdoor stays and outings.
Know more in brief below
- Lightweight design: Featuring a lightweight design and a space-saving design, the water heater fits easily in the backseat of a car.
- Longevity and strength: The L5 Portable Tankless Heater from Eccotemp has been made from copper and stainless steel for unrivaled longevity and strength. It has a great white finish that looks simple and sophisticated as well.
- Automatic safety shutoff timers: It also has the 20-minute automatic safety shutoff timers and comes with the battery igniter so as to ensure that no electricity is required for functioning.
- The maximum temperature of 135 degrees F: This heater can heat the water up to 135 degrees F. If you think about it, this heater is highly efficient as a portable device.
The water heater comes with the CSA regulator for use with the standard 20-pound propane tank. This unit is considered one of the best portable heaters on the market.
Marey Power Gas Tankless Heater delivers limitless hot water with optimum energy efficiency. This energy-saving tankless water heater heats up in few seconds and only uses gas while the water is flowing. The Marey Power Tankless Water Heater is very easy to install and also includes the auto-ignition feature.
Know more in brief below
- 3.1 GPM: This amazing heater can provide up to 3.1 gallons per minute. It can serve your whole family at multiple points of use.
- 87 percent energy efficiency: The MareyTankless Water Heater lasts a lifetime up to 87 percent efficiency.
- Pulse ignition: This great looking heater comes with pulse ignition. That means no electricity is required to start the heater. The MareyTankless Water Heater is available also in natural gas too.
It is a very good alternative for the homes that experience power shortage. This can be the hot water solution that you’ve been looking for.
How To Choose Best Propane Tankless Water Heater
Propane tankless water heaters are currently used in every place like homes or business due to the increasing demand for these water heaters. Due to the availability of a wide range of products on the market, different factors are needed while choosing the best propane tankless water heater.
As a result, one should always have in-depth knowledge concerning some of the best propane hot water heater available in the markets.
There are several brands to choose from and every brand is slightly different from one another. Some water heaters help to provide environment-friendly technologies while others have put their major focus on power and efficiency.
Thus, you should find the precise brand that matches your need. Below are the factors to consider when buying the best propane hot water heater:
Benefits Of Propane Tankless Water Heater
There are many benefits of going with a propane tankless water heater. With the increased energy efficiency and low operating costs to the space savings and the extended lifespan, here are the benefits of the best propane tankless water heaters:
- No Cold Showers: In case you have teenagers in your house, you are probably used to taking cold showers early in the morning. A propane tankless heater makes the cold showers a thing of the past. Bearing in mind that the water is heated as you require it, there is no cold showers and running out as well. A 50-gallon electric water heater might take more than an hour to recover completely the hot water.
- More Hot Water: Propane tankless heaters allow one to run several appliances at the one time. You can take a shower of the laundry and dishwasher continue working. In addition, a tankless water heater will enable you to take full advantage of your Jacuzzi tub or Roman bath.
- Lasts Longer: Most tankless water heaters have 10 to 15-year warranty and might last up to 20 years before they can be replaced. Tank units normally have a six-year warranty and they only last 8 to 10 years. You might have to get 2 or 3 tank water heaters for every tankless heater.
- Less Waste: Many propane tankless heaters are made of completely recycled materials. As a result, they result in less waste as compared to the tank units which have to be disposed of in the landfills.
- Saves Money: You save money just by heating water when you require it. While the tank water heaters waste energy while heating water that you are not using, the propane tankless water heaters save energy by using the gas only when you want hot water. This might cut your costs by close to 30 percent per year.
- Space Savings: Tankless heaters can be placed almost everywhere in the house. They can be hung on the walls either outside or inside the house (depending on the climate). This will enable you to regain the valuable closet or floor space.
- Cleaner Water: Traditional water heaters could build upscale and rust inside their tanks where the hot water that you use for drinking and bathing is stored. With the propane tankless heaters, you will experience cleaner and fresher water.
Overall, the propane tankless water heaters can save you a lot of money in the short-term and long-term as well while also providing additional convenience and comfort for your family.
It does not take long to notice that the propane tankless water heaters have many benefits and features which conventional tanks normally miss out on. Although initially defective, the tankless water heaters have come a long way. The way in which they have been designed allows them to be energy efficient, cost-effective and durable.
Once you understand which propane tankless water heater is able to meet your family needs and the benefits which come with switching over from the conventional tanks, it will be quite clear to you why they are a real winner and the perfect choice for any home.