Almost everybody thinks that winter is a bad time, and it is the worst when the cold is perpetual. For many years space heaters have been a constant companion of every household in the colder areas. Therefore, having a space heater for large rooms provides the best experience, is a must for all.
But in this modern age, when there are hundreds of brands in the market, choosing the best one becomes a tough work. So, to ease your problem, we have come up with some of the best space heaters for large rooms that will suit your needs.
Table of Contents
- Top Five Best Space Heaters For Large Rooms
- 1. Dr Infrared Heater 1500-Watt – Best Portable Space Heater
- 2. DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W ComforTemp – Best Portable Oil-Filled Radiator
- 3. Lifesmart Large Room 6 Element Infrared Heater w/Remote
- 4. EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater, Black
- 5. Lifesmart Corp Lifelux Series Ultimate 8 Element Extra Large Room Infrared Deluxe Wood Cabinet & Remote
- Advantages of Large Space Heaters
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Large Space Heater
- Safety Guide for Large Space Heaters
What is a Space Heater?
The answer to this question lies in the word itself. This device warms up your surrounding environment and keeps you away from freezing to death in some cases. Space heaters are mainly powered by electricity or burnable fuels like gas, propane or oil.
Importance of Space Heaters
Importance of space heaters cannot be described in a word. From safety to affordability, space heaters beat all other types of heaters. Such as:
- Space heaters are the most practical product in terms of affordability.
- If you live in a colder area, having a space heater is essential for saving your life.
- Space heaters keep your room warm and livable. And when you do not suffer in cold, you will always be in a good mood.
When it comes to purchasing a space heater, you will be faced with making a decision – what purpose do you want the heater to serve. Keeping that in mind, space heaters mainly fall into two categories –
- Convection Space Heaters
- Radiant Space Heaters
- Convection Space Heaters: If you are looking for a heater to warm up your room for a long period of time, I would suggest that you go with a convection heater. Most heaters are convection heaters. These types of heaters need the circulation of the air in order to warm up the room. The cold air passes through the coil of the heater and comes out as warm. Since convection heaters heat up the air, the warmth tends to stay for a longer period of time. Also, these heaters make sure that the heat is distributed in the space evenly.
- Radiant space heaters: Unlike convection space heaters, radiant space heaters are used to warm up a person or an object. The name “radiant’’ gives away how it works. It operates by emitting infrared radiation. The infrared contains energy which is absorbed directly by an object. Therefore, radiant heaters do not warm up the air of the room; rather they provide direct heat to a person. One of the basic advantages of using a radiant heater is that it warms you up very quickly, as the heat does not lose energy while traveling to you.
Apart from that, space heaters can also fall into two categories depending on what kind of fuel they use to operate – electric space heaters and gas heaters.
- Electric space heaters: Electric space heaters are the type of heaters that use electric current to generate heat. Every electric heater uses a simple technique called “joule heating”. In this process, the electric current is passed through a wire coil, which is a resistor. The resistor then converts the electric current as heat energy.
- Gas heaters: As the name says, gas heaters operate by burning gas. There is a heat exchanger inside the heater. The heat exchanger is heated with gas combustion. The cold air is passed over this exchanger and warm air comes out.
Top Five Best Space Heaters For Large Rooms
Now that you have a basic idea of how a space heater works, let’s look at the top five best space heaters for large rooms :
When it comes to choosing a radiant heater, Dr Infrared heater comes first in everybody’s mind. The new portable space heater is designed and manufactured in the US and comes with many breathtaking features.
- Auto Power Settings
- 80,000 Hours of Operation
- Quiet and Efficient Blower
- Since it is an infrared heater, it will only warm up the objects in the room, not the whole room.
When anybody looks for effectiveness and efficiency both in a heater, DeLonghi is their first choice. For many years this company has been serving people with home technologies with a sense of comfort and reliability. And with the DeLonghi EW7707CM, it is no different either.
- Comfort Temp Technology
- Oil filled Radiator
- SafeHeat Technology
- Patented smart-snap wheels
- They only give warranty for one year. But you need not to worry about it. Their product is so durable that you can spend a lifetime without worrying.
De’Longhi is famous Italy based manufacturer of home appliances. One of their specialty is their amazing heaters. Once you buy DeLonghi EW7707CM, you can stop worrying and enjoy the warmth for a very long period of time.
Another leader in the space heater industry is Lifesmart. Every Lifesmart product gives you a sense of reliability, and this heater is no different. Made in the USA, Lifesmart Large Room 6 Element Infrared Heater comes with numerous unique features.
- 3 heat setting
- 12-hour timer
- E Z Glide casters
- Patented smart-snap wheels
- Their warranty is only for one year. Other than that, it is a great product.
- Electric thermostat
- Remote control included
- 2-year warranty
- Space saving design
- EdenPURE A5095 Gen2 Pure Infrared Heater is designed specifically for saving space and energy. Therefore, it is not very efficient for extra-large apartments.
5. Lifesmart Corp Lifelux Series Ultimate 8 Element Extra Large Room Infrared Deluxe Wood Cabinet & Remote
Do you want a heater that serves your need and also cool looking? Well, This Life Lux Infrared heater is your answer. A mixture of style and energy efficiency is what this heater offers. It is so efficient that it can provide heat for an extra-large room.
- 3 Heat Settings
- Stylish all wood Oak Stain Cabinet
- New larger remote control
- Since it is an infrared heater, it is efficient for heating for a shorter period of time. Other than that, it is one of the best space heaters in the market right now.
Know more in brief below:
- 3 Heat Settings: Like many best space heaters, this Life Lux Infrared heater also comes with 3 different heat settings for your different mood. It has a 500-watt Eco setting with a 12-hour start and stops the timer. The eco setting lets you control the temperature up to 68 degrees. You can also set a timer from 1 hour to 12 hours and the heater will automatically start or shut off. You will never have to get up to turn it on/off by yourself.
- Stylish all wood Oak Stain Cabinet: The best feature of this heater is its exterior. It is surrounded by a stylish all wood oak cabinet which is safe to touch. Therefore, it is also safe for the home environment.
- New larger remote control: All the functions provided by the heater is the digital and remote control. The heater has a digital thermostat which makes sure that your heater does not get overheated.
Cons: Since it is an infrared heater, it is efficient for heating for a shorter period of time. Other than that, it is one of the best space heaters in the market right now.
This stylish looking space heater is applauded by numerous critics and consumers. It is very cheap considering the fact that it is designed for extra-large rooms. With one Life Lux Infrared heater, you can spend a lifetime in warmth and never have to suffer in cold.
Advantages of Large Space Heaters
Large space heaters are becoming a trend due to many reasons. There are several advantages to purchasing a large space heater. They are :
- Inexpensive to purchase: Portable space heaters are some of the best economic decisions a buyer can make. They are very inexpensive in terms of cost saving and significantly reduces your heating bills. The technology of heating is really simple. Therefore, space heaters do not have complicated mechanics. For this reason, they are also affordable to purchase.
- Quick heating: One of the basic advantages of a large space heater is that it can quickly warm up your surroundings. Radiant or infrared space heaters heat people and objects directly. It is the most efficient way to warm up something.
- Easy to install: As we have discussed earlier, space heaters do not use complex mechanics. Therefore, they are really easy to install. It is not rocket science. After buying a space heater, you can install it yourself, if you have the installation manual.
- It’s portable: Another great advantage of these heaters is that they are portable. Most space heaters use E Z glide caster that helps you to move the heater from one place to another, without reassembling it. So, no matter which room you want it to be in, you will not face any difficulty.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Large Space Heater
Safety Guide for Large Space Heaters
There are some safety tips that you need to follow if you want to have a space heater. Such as
- Always read the instruction and warning labels on the heater carefully.
- Turn off your heater before going to sleep, or set a timer for the heater to turn off.
- Make sure you buy a space heater that is certified by a testing laboratory.
- Proper placement of your heater is a must. Make sure anything burnable is not hear the heater.
- Always keep your heater on a safe distance from infant and children.
- Always unplug your heater when not in use.
- It is better to set up a smoke alarm on your house. This is recommended by every organization.
- Never place your heater on cabinets, furniture or carpet. It is very risky because then there is a chance that heater will get overheated and cause a fire on them.
Well, buying a space heater is not a difficult task once you have a clear idea about the features of the product. There are numerous brands of heaters that offer a variety of features according to customers’ demand. All you need is the information about your home and what you need – and you will find the heater suitable for you in no time.
Best Space Heaters Comparison Chart
Ease of Setup
Ability to be mounted
Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC
Portable wooden box
Electronic + Infared
39 dB super quiet
155°F at 2.2m/s with remote
Auto Energy Saving,
Tip-over & Overheat protection
3 year Limited or no
Easy-to-use Control panel, ComforTemp Button
pre-assembled wheels, portable any cold place
Adjustable thermostat Min 42°F (5°C)
auto Shuts down while overheated
1 year limited
3 energy savings include an Eco setting
Metal Cabinet mount at large room
heat small areas quick with remote
tip-over , Overheat safety
Heat upto 1,000 sq ft
space saving design, low weight can move
Comes with a remote
heat source upto 1800 sq ft
Wood Cabinet with EZ glide casters
Quiet scroll motor fan
Comes with a remote
1500 watts with 3 energy saving setting
So, what are you waiting for! Just go to the market, buy your preferred heater and say goodbye to cold weather. Or, you can call us and we are willing to help you choose what is the best heater for your home.
See other Related Buyer’s guides:
[Reviews & Buying Guide] Five Best Space Heaters for Large Rooms 2019
Almost everybody thinks that winter is a bad time, and it is the worst when the cold is perpetual. For many years space heaters have been a constant compan