- 1 Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews in 2018
- 2 Types Of Tankless Water Heater
- 3 Top 3 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater – Energy efficient option
- 4 Top 3 Best Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater – Economical Option
- 5 Top 3 Best Propane Tankless Water Heater – Low initial cost
- 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Tankless Water Heater
- 7 Why should you buy A Tankless Water Heater?
- 8 Final Thought
We all know what it feels like to touch water in a cold weather. It feels like a shock and using cold water will make you feel numb at one point.
But what if there is a way to have warm, pleasant flow of water at your convenience?
You may be thinking – “It’s not possible! you have to store it somewhere and the supply surely ends sometimes, isn’t it?”
Well, I’m proudly announcing that you’re wrong.
It’s surely possible! You can feel the warmth as long as you wish.
Want quick suggestions from our editor…? Or find the detailed comparison table below the suggestion box.
Our Picks: Top 3 Tankless water heaters right now
Although there are many tankless water heaters available on the market for your choices, I will recommend top 3 tankless water heaters of different types:
Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews in 2018
There are many ways to set up a tankless water heater up wherever you want. It can be a company or a house. The truth is that a tankless water heater is portable in design. These water heaters are simply the size of any basic medication cabinet or even smaller in size. This simply indicates that you can mount them in areas such as under sink or storage rooms.
Nevertheless, each heating product is designed such a way that it’s capable of providing a lot of warm water depending on the dimension of the unit. You can find some products that function perfectly for business or offices. They perfectly supply a percentage of warm water for sinks or thereabouts.
There are several heaters that can supply enough hot water for a large family living in a big domicile. There are three main factors to consider whenever planning to purchase the best water heater. This can be found in the likes of the maximum intended flow price, inbound water temperature, and which energy source you desire – natural gas, electricity or propane.
Reading through the rest part of this article will help you regarding these. Discover the comprehensive details of a tankless water heater.
Types Of Tankless Water Heater
While planning to choose a tankless water heater, you will be presented with two options – electric and gas. Both types of water heaters have their own unique features.
Electric Tankless Water Heater: An electric tankless heater, unlike the traditional heaters, only heats the water when needed. The best feature of this type of heaters is that almost no energy gets wasted while using the water. There just is no time for the loss of heat, since the water rushing through the heater takes up all the energy.
Gas Tankless Water Heater: With gas units, you can experience the power and flow rate required to supply an entire home with hot water. The truth is, natural gas heaters are less expensive than electric ones. When it comes to the efficiency of supplying an entire house, gas type units hold the benefit over electric ones.
While selecting a gas-based tankless water heater, you need to consider certain combustion and venting requirements. It is true that electric tankless water heaters offer certain benefits that their gas counterparts cannot match. When used in a POU application, electric tankless water heaters are tough to beat. This is simply because they are positioned right where the water is required. An electric option can instantly provide hot water without any wastage.
When To Choose Electric Tankless Water Heater
You simply need an electric tankless heater if your heating plan is to cascade on a point-of-use application, As mentioned above, when electric tankless heaters are used in a POU application, they are hard to beat. This is simply because they are positioned right where the water is needed. Electric tankless units can instantly provide hot water without any waste or leftover in the pipes.
So when used as a POU device, they are more efficient than their gas counterparts. When used for remote needs, electric tankless heaters are very practical. For example, a far-reaching location or a hot tub.
It is too expensive to install point-of-use electric tankless heaters for covering the whole house. At every laundry, kitchen, baths, or sinks. For this reason, they do not hold any advantage when compared to gas for an entire household application.
Top 3 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater – Energy efficient option
#1 Stiebel Eltron Tempra Electric Tankless Water Heater, 208/240 Volts
When it comes to choosing a water heater, Stiebel Eltron is number one choice for most customers. This Germany-based company has been introducing their tankless water heaters under the names “Tempra” and “Tempra Plus”.
Know More In Brief Below
- Digital temperature control: Every Tempra Plus heaters come with an advanced digital flow control system. With the touch of a fingertip, you can regulate and adjust the temperature and flow rate of the water as you wish.
- No venting required: Unlike the conventional water heaters, this unit does not need any kind of venting. The advanced electronics yet the simple flow sensor design have made that possible.
- Sleek design: The unique feature of this product is its sleek and stylish design. Compared to other tank water heaters, tempra plus requires much less space. For this reason, it is very suitable for any house.
- Less energy consumption: When compared to traditional tank water heaters, the product helps you save energy and reduce electric bill by 15-20%. This may not seem very much, but in the long run you can save a lot of money.
The product simply introduces the innovative German quality in the market. The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 is for you if you want the maximum efficiency.
#2 Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts
One of the leading brands in the heater industry, Ecosmart is configured for patented self-modulating technology. They are very suitable for the cold climates. For the houses in Canada and Southern United States, ECO 27 is well-adjustable for the demand of hot water.
Know More In Brief Below
- Digital temperature control: this control allows you to regulate the temperature very efficiently. You can set the temperature at 80°F – 140°F.
- Lifetime warranty: The most amazing side of the Ecosmart is that their models are the only electric tankless water heaters on the market that come with lifetime warranty.
- The most advanced self-modulating technology: Their self-modulating technology allows the heater to decide exactly how much energy is needed to heat the water.
- Compact and easily replaceable: the size of this product is very compact and does not require a lot of space. It can store up to 6 gallons of water, so you do not have to worry about running out of water. The copper and stainless components are used to design this product which also makes it easy to replace the parts of the product.
With this product, you can easily save up to fifty percent of water heating costs. Therefore, in the long run, it is a great unit in terms of cost, space and energy.
#3 Rheem RTE 18 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 5 GPM
Rheem RTE 18 remains the right product for users who are willing to engage in POU (point-of-use) application. It comes with the on-demand energy efficient compact design.
Know More In Brief Below
- On-unit temperature control: LEDs indicate active element and standby mode helps control the on-unit temperature.
- Rugged copper/brass heat exchanger: the element used in this product makes it durable and unique.
The product can simply fit anywhere in your house. The LEDs control will help you effectively control the unit temperature.
When To Choose Natural Tankless Water Heater
If you want the combination of comfort, cost-savings and convenience. A natural tankless heater is a right way to go. Natural tankless water heaters usually follow the same techniques in operation as traditional options, but without a storage container or tank.
On this note, natural tankless water heaters will eventually reduce the amount of energy required to operate. They can as well lower water-heating bills and yield excellent cost savings.
A natural tankless water heater comes with several advantages. It offers continuous hot water. Since immediate water heaters do not have containers, they offer as much hot water users needed. Without ever running out of hot water, simultaneous hour-long showers are possible for a huge family.
They can as well offer more energy-efficiency. Studies have shown that natural water heaters are usually energy star-ranked. It simply means that they can satisfy very specific task ranging from standard powered tank heaters to a documented annual savings of about fourteen to forty percent.
On this note, it is clear that natural tankless water heaters will help save you energy consumption efficiently.
Top 3 Best Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater – Economical Option
#1 Takagi T-KJr2 Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
The T-KJr2 model is the smallest unit the Takagi has ever introduced. It is very cost efficient and environmental-friendly.
Know More In brief Below
- 6.6 GPM maximum flow rate: The T-KJr2 model gives you a flow rate up to 6.6 GPM, which is a lot for a gas tankless water heater.
- Inlet, outlet thermistors: This allows you monitor the temperature of the water easily and helps you control it.
- Compact size: As it is mentioned above, the T-KJr2 model is the smallest version of all other Takagi products. It makes this product very suitable for small apartments.
The T-KJr2 is one of the best natural gas tankless water heaters that can give you total solace and ecstasy.
#2 Rinnai RL94iN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai RL94iN is very much similar to its predecessor, the R94LSi. The basic difference between them is that the RL94iN model has a better scale detection ability.
Know More In Brief Below
- MC-91-1US Digital Controller with Error Code Indicator: This model comes with a digital controller that allows you to enjoy hot water at always a pre-set temperature.
- The capacity of up to 9.4 GPM: This amazing tankless water heater can deliver 9.4 gallons of hot water per minute. This only proves how efficient this model is.
- Up to 40% energy savings: Rinnai RL94iN has a thermal efficiency of 83%. It is a lot considering other traditional tank heaters. This lets you save up to 40% energy.
- Concentric venting system: Rinnai RL94iN is very compact in size. It has interior-mount units which vent outside the house.
Overall, this is a great product and has been applauded by numerous customers. And when it comes to operating effectively, it will not disappoint you.
#3 Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
When it comes to reliability and quality, all Rheem products exceed the expectation of general consumers. Their products are tested by the labs and certified by various governments to ensure the quality it thrives on.
Know More In Brief Below
- EZ-Link cable: One of the unique features of this product is that it provides EZ-link cable with it. This cable can link two tankless units so that they can operate as one. This is very useful when you have a higher demand for water.
- High-altitude capability: Another amazing feature of this product is its high-altitude capability. That means even if you live above the sea level, this product will work just fine. It can operate up to 9,840 ft. elevation above sea level.
- Stainless-steel condensing heat exchanger: Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater has a heat exchanger made of stainless-steel. This makes it 94% energy efficient. This even makes it more efficient than Rinnai RL94iN.
You’ll see a big difference after installing Rheem RTGH-95DVLN. It does not cause any complication and you will see a significant decrease in your gas usage.
When to Choose Propane Tankless Water Heater
If you still want the combination of comfort, cost-savings and convenience- but want heated water faster and don’t mind the savings going down a little bit, then propane tankless water heater is for you. An LPG tankless water heater or simply Propane Tankless Water Heater’s working procedure is completely identical to a natural gas tankless water heater.
The change is in the fuel burning. Propane subsumes more energy within it than natural gas. To be completely accurate, natural gas’ energy is identified as 38.7ML/m3 where Propane’s energy is 93.2MJ/m3. Almost triple than the natural gas.
It is why propane is way more powerful than the natural gas. And thus, propane tankless water heater is capable of the heating certain amount of water up faster than the usual natural tankless water heater.
Anyway, good things bring more cost. The miscellaneous cost of Propane Tankless Water heater is slightly on the heavier side if you consider natural gas tankless water heater and it side by side.
So, if you want to cut down cost as it was for an electric tankless water heater, but still want a higher time saving- the propane tankless water heater is for you.
Top 3 Best Propane Tankless Water Heater – Low initial cost
#1 Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Propane Tankless Water Heater
Like Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG, T-KJr2-IN-LP Tankless Water Heater is considered as one of the best options that buyers can rely on. It is basically designed for light residential such as small apartment units.
Know More In Brief Below
- 19500-140000 BTU: It needs maximum 140000 BTU (British thermal unit) input to heat the water by 1 Fahrenheit. If you really think about it, the amount is not that much.
- 6.6 GPM max flow rate: The flow rate of water is 6.6 gallons per minute.
- Energy factor of 0.81-0.83: The energy factor for this product is around 0.83. If you do not understand what energy factor represents, do a little research. After that, you will understand how efficient this product is.
If you live in a small apartment, this product will be best for you.
#2 Rinnai V65EP 6.6 Propane Tankless Water Heater
This product is unique in its own way. It is capable of delivering hot water up to 6.6-Gallon per minute. With this unique feature of the product, it can be used for your bathroom and other areas of the house.
Know More In Brief Below
- Temperature lock: The fascinating feature of this product is its temperature lock system. This makes sure that there is no accidental change in water temperature.
- 150,000 Max BTU: It needs only 150,000 BTU input. Compared to other products, this one is much more efficient in the heating water.
- Enhanced scale detection: It prevents any kind of possibility of severe damage to the unit.
In short, this is a great product, like its other version which runs on natural gas.
#3 Bosch 520 PN Propane Tankless Water Heater
The name of another widely welcomed tankless water heater is The Bosch 520 PN. This model comes with Piezo push-button ignition. It can as well make use of a modulating gas valve to ensure a regular temperature at different flow rates.
Know More In Brief Below
- Piezo ignition system: With a single push on the button, you can start the heater. And there is no electrical connection required to do that.
- Modulating gas valve: This allows you to enjoy a different flow of water while keeping the temperature constant.
- 78%+ thermal efficiency: Its efficiency is more than 78%, which is a lot actually.
If you are planning to minimize your energy consumption, The Bosch 520 PN is a very suitable product to purchase.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Tankless Water Heater
So, obviously you want to purchase a tankless water heater, right? Now I’ll focus on making that happen. To succeed in purchasing a tankless water heater, you have to consider certain factors. These factors will always help you make the right decision:
However, they need more combustion air. This is because these products often use an electric fan to add air to the flame.
Therefore it makes higher BTUs than the local tank type heater. For this reason, the location to place a tankless heater is very important. It should be properly considered prior to purchasing one. This will help you get the best result in a time of need.
Based on their compact design, operation and energy saving concept, they are currently becoming well-known globally. For this reason, I would suggest you purchase the best product that guarantees your safety.
Why should you buy A Tankless Water Heater?
Benefits Of A Tankless Water Heater:
There are several benefits that you can derive from purchasing a tankless water heater. Read on to discover the great advantages of purchasing tankless water heaters.
- They do not run out of hot water
- There is no possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate of three hundred dollars
- Most units are operated by remote control and have up to 4 separate setting available
- Tankless Water heater last 5-10 years longer than usual tank heaters
- You can save as much as 20 percent from your water heating bill
- They are more efficient with no standby heat loss
I’m sure that this article has met your expectations. One amazing thing about tankless water heaters is that they can help you save extra money on your energy bill. And yeah, they save your space!
Using a tankless water heater can be full of fun. This is because most tankless water heaters come with unique features that can blow your mind. You should give it a try, Today!