Under sink water heater allow getting acquainted with many advantages and very ideal for home uses. And they do not require a lot of space. They are compact, electric and a small point of useÂ water heaters.
So logically saying, since these water heaters are compact in size, under sink water heaters are not an alternate of full house tankless water heaters. They are the point of use of tank-based water heaters. These products are capable of providing an adequate amount of water for kitchen applications or hand washing.
But as the water usage amount varies from people to people, choosing the Best Under Sink Water Heater effectively is really important.
They are also very ideal for camps and cottages too.
Electric mini-tank water heaters help to save electricity and water if you are concerned about so. Plus one point to that.
In a hurry? Check Editor’s Choice: BOSCH T-4 Gallon electric
They are several brands of under sink mini-tank water heaters currently serving the market. Some of the Best Under Sink Water Heaters include the following:
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Under Sink Water Heater Reviews
- 1. Ecosmart ECO MINI – Best Electric Mini Tank Water Heater
- 2. BOSCH T-4 Gallon Electric – Best Mini-Tank Under Sink Water Heater
- 3. Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater
- 4. EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater
- 5. Thermoflow UT10 2.5 Gallons Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Under Sink Water Heater
Benefits of an Under Sink Water Heater
Using a Mini-Tank Water Heater is associated with some benefits, including the following:
- Saving Time:Â An Under sink water heater undoubtedly helps save a lot of your time. Instead of waiting for water to heat up or wasting your time while awaiting heated water to be delivered to you from a conventional water heater situated at a distance through circulation lines, you can get hot water instantly and save a lot of your time.
- Saving Water:Â Using a point of use water heater can help you save thousands of gallons of water every year. This is because you donâ€™t need to run the water until it gets heated up for you to start using it. Instead, using an electric mini-tank water heater will enable you to get hot water instantly, thus saving a lot of water which would otherwise be wasted because of the delay between turning on the faucet and getting hot water.
- Very Convenient For People Who Live In Big Houses:Â For those people who live in big houses with a central water heating system, it takes quite some time for delivery of heated water to distant outlets can take a very long time, causing a lot of inconveniences. Also, if you have a remote sink within your house that is not served by a tankless or tank-type water heater, installing a mini tank water heater can be a most convenient way to help eliminate waiting time as well as avoiding water wastage.
- Cost Effectiveness:Â Mini tank water heaters are reasonably priced considering the period they can serve you. They also help reduce energy consumption and are easy to maintain.
Top 5 Best Under Sink Water Heater Reviews
1. Ecosmart ECO MINI – Best Electric Mini Tank Water Heater
Installing this mini-tank water heater under your sink helps save water because you will no longer have to run the water for more than a couple of minutes until it gets heated up. In addition to eliminating the wait for hot water, you can also increase the water volume by hooking the unit in-line with a large water source.
Know More in Brief
- Pressure Relief Valve:Â This valve ensures maximum safety for the water heater. The excess pressure of the water may cause the water heater to underperform. The pressure relief valve prevents that kind of damage from happening.
- Point of Use applications:Â This water heater is amazing for point of use application. If your need for hot water is relatively lower, then this is the right water heater for you.
- Appliance line cord included:Â Ecosmart ECO MINI 2.5 comes with an appliance line cord. Therefore, it becomes easy for you to install the heater.
- Some customers have complained that it overheats easily.
- No others found yet.
It is an amazing water heater for those who do not need very large tank water heaters.
2. BOSCH T-4 Gallon Electric – Best Mini-Tank Under Sink Water Heater
This particular brand comes in 3 different sizes and can be wall hung or floor mounted. Also, it is possible to install them in-line with a larger hot water source to help minimize the wait for hot water.
Know More in Brief
- Sleek and attractive design: This amazing water heater very compact in size and weighs only 17.3 pounds. This heater can either be wall-hung or floor-mounted â€“ according to your wish.
- Glass-lined tank:Â Unlike most traditional tank-type and tankless water heaters, Bosch Tronic 3000 T uses the glass-lined tank. This amazing feature gives the heater a longer life and prevents corrosion. The heater also has a fast recovery rate for an instant supply of hot water.
- Different configuration:Â This heater can be used for different purposes. This heater can be used as an addition to a primary water heating source. It can also be used as a buffer for a tankless water heater. But the most important feature of the heater is that it can be used as a sole water heating system as well.
- Since the unitâ€™s tank is small in size, it is not very ideal in situations where you need to clean a lot of dishes. Immediately the tank empties, the unit will run out of hot water.
The unit helps save water because it allows instant access to hot water instead of having to run the water for a few minutes until it becomes hot enough.
3. Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater
The Camplux ME25 water heater comes with a compact 2.5 gallon water tank that is glass lines and has extra layer insulation that keeps water hot for longer. The focus of this water heater is efficiency, with an impressive 6.8 gallons per hour water heating rate.
The easy-to-use thermostat has a specialized setting for when you are not using the stored hot water in the mini tank, turning the dial to the freeze protection snowflake will ensure that the remaining water does not freeze during harsh winters.
The Camplux also comes with an overheating protection function that prevents the water from getting too hot, thus keeping you safe and prevent extremely hot water from damaging the system
Know More in Brief
- Simple Thermostat: the beauty of the Camplux ME25 thermostat is in its simplicity which makes it very easy to understand and easy to use.
- Freeze Protection: Great when this heater is used in a boat or RV, and even in a home because it prevents the water stored in the tank from freezing in winters, which can seriously damage the heater and use extra energy to reheat.
- Overheat Protection: Minimize the change of damage to the system or fire due to overheating thanks to the overheat protection function of the water heater. This feature also ensures that no energy is wasted on heating water that is already at the perfect temperature.
Misleading Dimensions: The dimensions stated by the manufacturer arenâ€™t accurate because they donâ€™t take into consideration the space taken by the pipes. Therefore, if you are taking the measurements to ensure that the system will fit in the cabinet under the sink be sure to add an extra 4 inches for the pipes.
Camplux offers an efficient compact water heater that will be great for an RV, boat or a home. Itâ€™s useful features and easy to use mechanism ensures that you wonâ€™t be wasting time or energy with this heater.
4. EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater
EcoSmart is worldwide trusted for its smart water heating technology. EcoSmart water heaters are conveniently compact, sleek, and stylish in design, and best of all â€“ they are packed with energy-saving technology.
Similarly, EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater is every eco-conscious homeownerâ€™s dream because it is equipped with technology that makes water heating 99.8 percent energy-efficient.
Know More in Brief
- Digital Display and Thermostat: One of the most prominent features of the EcoSmart ECO 11 Water Heater is its smart Digital Display and Thermostat. This feature allows you to monitor and control the water temperature conveniently.
- Compact and stylish design: EcoSmart ECO 11 Water Heater is sleek and compact. It weighs only 6.5 pounds and measures around 11.5 inches by 8 inches. Its lightweight and stylish design add to the value of this water heater.
- Lifetime Warranty: Most water heaters, including high-end and budget-friendly options â€“ do not come with a lifetime warranty. EcoSmartâ€™s Lifetime Warranty is one of the most attractive features thatâ€™ll surely convince you to consider EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater.
If you want to install a water heater on a spot with heavy consumption, then EcoSmart ECO 11 will not be the best choice. It is also not an ideal choice for spots with a temperature under 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you want the best under sink water heater with not only trustable, fantastic water heating performance, but an impressive energy-saving solution, then EcoSmart ECO 11 Tankless Water Heater is the best choice. EcoSmart ECO 11 is what every eco-conscious homeowner needs.
5. Thermoflow UT10 2.5 Gallons Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
Although, most of the under sink water heaters fail to perform in low-temperature regions. However, Thermoflow UT10 Electric Water Heater features a frost protection mode that allows you to enjoy under sink water heating even if the temperature drops too low.
Know More in Brief
- Features two modes: Thermoflow UT10 Electric Water Heater features a frost protection mode and an energy-saving mode.
- Ideal for cold temperature regions: This feature allows you to have a continuous flow of hot water even in low-temperature regions. The Frost Protection Mode prevents frost making Thermoflow UT10 an ideal under sink water heater.
- Energy-efficient water heater: The energy-saving mode features an EPS foaming heat system and a â€œthermostopâ€ function. The EPS foaming heat system significantly improves the water heating duration, while the â€œthermostopâ€ function stops heating as soon as the unit reaches the set temperature.
- Although, this water heater features a number of functions that make water heating a breeze. However, installing the unit does require some plumbing know-how. For this reason, we would highly recommend you to get the unit installed professionally for optimal performance.
Thermoflow UT10 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is an ideal water heater for colder regions as it features a frost protection mode for optimal performance under low-temperature regions.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Under Sink Water Heater
Before deciding what type of mini-tank water heater you want to buy, you need to take the following factors into consideration:
# Type of fuel:Â You can purchase a water heater that runs on electricity, propane, or natural gas. Buy one that uses the most economical and convenient fuel for you.
# Volume:Â If a point-of-use water heater is your primary source of hot water, you should consider the POU water heater. Then you need to buy a brand that can be hooked up in- line with a traditional tank or tankless heater, That means it will enable you to get enough hot water all the time but at a single point of usage.
# Requirements:Â Also, the unit will require specific installation requirements. Therefore, you should consider things like voltage requirements of your desired unit and whether your home can accommodate that. Other important things to consider include amperage and circuit breaker. It is important to ensure that the type of mini-tank water heater you intend to buy can work with the amperage draw and circuit breaker that you have at home.
# Ratings:Â There are two important ratings that you need to consider when buying a mini-tank water heater. The first one is the energy factor (EF), which tells you how efficient the heater is. The higher the number, the more efficient the pump is. The second one is the flow rate. For the mini-tank water heater, you can choose the flow rate of your choice depending on your specific needs.
# Easy to install:Â It is always good to buy a product that you can be able to install easily by yourself without involving other people. Therefore, choose a mini tank water heater that is easy to install.
Mini tank water heaters are undoubtedly associated with many advantages and are therefore a smart choice for you. They are cost-effective since they help in saving energy and water. They also save extra installation expenses that are associated with pumps and long pipes.
Also, they are easy to maintain and are reasonably priced considering the duration of time they can serve you. Essentially, electric mini-tank water heaters give value for money and therefore you should plan to buy one for yourself and enjoy some of their advantages.
Best Under Sink Water Heaters Comparison Chart
Want to buy one for yourself but can’t decide which one? Feel free to contact us and we are ready to assist you.
See other Related Buyerâ€™s guides:
Hi, This is Luis. Author at “TheHeatersGuide”. I am a graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Currently researching on heating technology. However, I have learned many home heating techniques and still learning the home heating technolgy. And I love to share my research and reviews.
Great article…..I really appreciate your post as it is so informative…. These are all pretty helpful tips so thanks a lot for sharing!!!!Nice information that you shared with us….Keep posting…..I’d love top read your blog….Have a nice day ahead!!!!
Thanks Nils for the nice feedback. Stay in touch for the latest updates. For more information please read our blogs.
Keep functioning ,impressive job!