KD Navien or Kyung Dong Navien was established back in 1978. Ten years later, Navien Company became the first Asian manufacturer and developer of efficient and eco-friendly condensing boilers.
At the moment, KD Navien has managed to gain a worldwide reputation for pioneering in the water heating industry. Their products are efficient, reduces carbon dioxide and they also cut down on the energy costs. This is a post where we are going to discuss the best Best Navien Tankless Water Heaters.
Navien managed to expand its operations to the United States and Canada in 2006. The company has gone forward to become one of the most reputable producers of several home comfort products including tankless water heaters. Here are the Navien tankless water heater reviews for your better understanding which tankless water heaters are best.
Why Should You Choose Navien Tankless Water Heaters?
Navien’s Tankless Water Heaters are available for both commercial and residential use. Unlike the traditional tank-type water heaters, Navien tankless water heaters usually provide an endless supply of the hot water at any time you require it.
Therefore, what actually sets the Navien tankless water heaters apart from the other water heater products?
Navien normally specializes in producing condensing tankless heaters and the condensing technology has given their units unparalleled efficiency. As a matter of fact, Navien’s tankless heaters boast of an average efficiency factor of 0.98. This is a great improvement from the traditional tank-type heaters that only had an energy factor of 0.55.
Meanwhile, average tankless water heaters have an efficiency grade of 0.82. Although there are still other brands that are presently manufacturing condensing water heaters, their average energy efficiency only reaches 0.95 which is clearly way below the Navien’s efficiency grade.
For average homeowners, such superior thermal efficiency usually translates to low costs when it comes to energy bills.
Apart from its revolutionary condensing technologies, the Navien water heaters are also equipped with the ECO Premixed Burners that dramatically cuts down the heater’s CO and NOx emissions by as much as 75 percent. The Eco Burner Technology normally makes the Navien water heaters to be among the most environmentally friendly heaters on the market today.
The Comfort Flow Technology is also another feature which gives Navien tankless heaters an edge over other tankless water heaters in the market. Most tankless water heaters usually have the “cold water sandwich problems”, where supply of the hot water flows inconsistently thus resulting in short bursts of the cold water in between the flow of hot water. With Navien’s buffer tank and recirculation pump, the cold water sandwich phenomenon doesn’t become a problem anymore.
Top Four Best Navien Tankless Water Heater Reviews
Navien offers a wide range of products and has something for almost everyone. Their major draws are definitely their gas tankless water heaters, condensing gas boilers, gas combo boilers, accessories as well as replacement parts.
Navien water heaters normally come in 2 major varieties: commercial and residential water heaters. Both of them work efficiently and it just boils down to the personal preferences, needs as well as intended use to choose the best Navien water heater. Below is the Navien tankless water heater reviews for their top models:
Navien has always been pushing the boundaries of hot water heater’s efficiency for over 25 years. The NPE-240A water heater is a result of their great dedication to provide a green and effective water heating unit. Navien NPE-240A model utilizes condensing technology that captures the additional heat lost by the other typical water heaters.
Its energy factor is quite superior to both noncondensing tankless models and traditional water heaters. The reduced vent temperatures as a result of this condensing technology allow homeowners to use PVC venting.
Know more in brief below
- Two stainless steel heat exchangers: The hater has 2 stainless steel heat exchangers. You cannot find this feature in other heaters easily.
- Ultra condensing efficiency: This heater has a maximum input of 199,900 BTU/H. It is due to the special condensing technology that is responsible for this efficiency.
- Low NOx emissions: This model is environment-friendly. It has a low Nitrogen Dioxide emission rate (less than 20ppm).
It saves money and also contributes to the ease of installing the device. The Navien NPE-240A tankless water heater also has excellent technology that reduces carbon footprint and heating costs.
Navien NPE-240A tankless water heater eliminates all the obstacles of the past tankless heaters thus making it a perfect solution for the tank replacements.
Know more in brief below
- Buffer tank: this unit comes with a buffer tank and a recirculation pump. A buffer tank can be used as a storage unit when there is a higher demand for hot water. There is also a built-in re-circulation system with it. This feature makes this unit a great heater.
- Utilizes existing gas line: This heater needs no additional gas line to operate. You can link this heater with the existing 1/2″ gas line up to 24′. It can run on both liquid propane and natural gas.
- Easy to use: Navien NPE-240A comes with Intelligent Preheating technology. Therefore, the maintenance of the heater is relatively easy. Also, it has simple commands center interface.
- Heat Exchanger: Navien NPE-240A uses dual heat exchangers that are made of stainless steel. The heater comes with a 15-years warranty for the heat exchanger.
The simple retrofit, ultra-high condensing efficiencies, exclusive ComfortFlow technology and field gas convertibility all combine well to make this new NPE series water heater one of the best choices in tankless water heaters.
The Navien NPE-210A Condensing Tankless Gas Water Heaters is capable of providing an installation with endless supplies of hot water. This tankless water heater provides hot water when the demand arises. The NPE-240A achieves this by activating the heater the moment you open your hot water tap thus supplying you with an uninterrupted supply of the hot water.
Unlike the conventional tank-type heaters which can ultimately run out of hot water after taking multiple draws from the tank, the Navien NPE-210A Condensing Tankless water heater will assure you a continuous supply of hot water.
Know more in brief below
- Field Convertible: The gas system of Navien NPE-210A Premium is field convertible, which makes it really energy efficient.
- 10.1 GPM: This amazing tankless water heater can supply hot water at a flow rate of 10.1 gallons per minute. From this, you can understand how efficient this product is compared to non-condensing and traditional water heaters.
- Indoor and Outdoor Installation: one of the amazing features of this heater is that you can install the heater either indoor or outdoor. Therefore, you will not have to worry about the installation process.
The Navien Condensing tankless water heater will only provide hot water when required. The NPE has been designed to provide a continuous supply of hot water thus you don’t have to worry about ever running out of hot water regardless of the number of hot water draws that your installation might have in a row.
The Navien NPE240S-NG tankless heater is geared for the residential users. This heater is made of heavy-duty stainless steel heat exchangers with the fin-type design for maximum efficiency. Its condensing heat exchanger allows for increased thermal efficiency up to 98 percent.
Know more in brief below
- Intelligent preheating technology: unlike other conventional water heaters, Navien NPE240S-NG uses preheating technology. This technology precisely distributes heat, allowing fastest heat transfer. Therefore, this heater is very efficient.
- Wall-hung installation: This heater can be installed in your wall. This is a great feature because it saves your precious floor space.
- Low NOx emissions: As we have discussed earlier, NOx is harmful to the environment. Navien NPE240S-NG emits this gas as low as possible, which makes it an eco-friendly water heater.
- 11.1 GPM: The flow rate of hot water of this heater is 11.1 gallons per minute. This flow rate is much higher compared to other conventional tank type and even some tankless water heaters.
Navien also offers a 10 years warranty on this model. Therefore, this will enable you to get a lot out of every dollar that you spend on energy.
Navien is among the best brands for tankless water heater in the world today. It has always been among the leading companies in the manufacture of water heating equipment for several years.
Currently, they are manufactured for energy saving, efficient and CO2 reducing water heaters in the world. Since the introduction of their water heaters in 1978, they have since flourished in the industry for a long time. The company is widely viewed as a solid manufacturer in this industry. In fact, it is mostly referred to as the “Cadillac” of hot water communities. Navien was the first Asian company to manufacture highly efficient and environmentally-friendly water heaters.
Despite having made a name for themselves in most parts of Asia, Navien has already found major success in the US, Europe, Canada and in several countries worldwide. After expanding its operations around 10 years ago, the company has quickly become one of the fastest growing and most reputable companies within the home comfort sector. They pride themselves on providing high quality condensing tankless water heaters as shown in the Navien tankless water heater reviews. With Navien tankless water heater, you can be assured of getting value for all the money spent.